Construction on this palace
was begun in 1517 by the cardinal Alessandro Farnese ( the future Pope Paulus III), after a design by A. da Sangallo the Younger. Upon the death of the architect, the task was handed down to Michelangelo, who gave it the grand cornice and the central balcony. The palazzo, which faces a piazza bearing its name, is today the home to the French Embassy.
Address: P.zza Farnese