Borghese Museum and Gallery
The Borghese villa and its small palace were constructed at the beginning of the seventeenth century outside the Aurelian walls between the Porta Pinciana and the no longer existing Porta Salaria in an area then occupied by orchards and vineyards. Scipio Borghese first engaged Flaminio Ponzio and then Vasanzio to build it: it was constructed between 1613 and 1615. It exemplifies the villa belonging to a great Roman family at the beginning of the seveteenth century.
The Museum includes works of Raffaello, Antonio Canova, Pietro e Gian Lorenzo Bernini, Giulio Romano, etc.
Antonio Canova: Paolina Bonaparte
Address: Villa Borghese