S. MARIA IN VALLICELLA - CHIESA NUOVA
This church in
the 1600's style is attributed to the architect G. Matteo da Citta' and to Martino Longhi the Elder, who finished it around 1583. It was built at the expense of cardinal Pierdonato Cesi with the financial collaboration of Pope Gregorius XIII. The inside is an excellent example of the early Roman Baroque. S. Filippo Neri is buried under the altar in the chapel dedicated to him.
Address: V.del Governo Vecchio, 137