Access to the Villa is through Via Mazzarino by steps and crown the dislivel with Via Nazionale, one of the sides which looks onto the beautiful view. The name of the villa was given after cardinal Aldobrandini who received it from his uncle Pope Clement VIII at the beginning of 17th century.
The building hosted a rich picture-gallery among which the famous Aldobrandini Wedding, the mural painting of the first century after Christ which today is kept in the Vatican Library. Over the years the villa underwent changes, the most traumatic being in 1876 when it took on the appearance of hanging gardens with the opening of Via Nazionale.
Address: Via Mazzarino