The villa belonged to the Riario family. It hosted Bramante, Michelangelo and Queen Christine of Sweden, and it was turned into a Literary Circle meeting place. In 1736, when the owners of the villa were the Corsini family, Ferdinando Fuga made extensions to host a library and the family art collection. The rich library host over 30,000 books and is now looked after by the Lincei Academy, to which Galileo belonged, whilst the old art collection forms the National Gallery for Old Art. The garden, whose entrance is from 24 Largo Cristina di Svezia, hosts the botanical gardens which include 7,000 differents plants.
Address: L.go Cristina di Svezia